Start your career in Design
Welcome to Capital One Digital, where imagination, design, and engineering work together to change banking for good. When you join us for our one-year Design Development Program, you'll have the freedom to explore different roles, teams, and design projects, while focusing in on the career that's right for you.
As part of our team, you’ll identify opportunities for change, advocate for the needs of our customers, and lead design from empathy to iteration to deliver human-centered solutions to over 65 million customers. We're a team of thinkers, problem solvers, and doers—not necessarily in that order. And we take complex products and craft them into simple, user-friendly solutions. From making a website responsive to designing new features for our ever-evolving mobile app, you’ll design for real people who expect great experiences.
Our Design Development Program will give you the framework to develop world-class design skills and you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of end-to-end product and service design.
Are you the kind of designer who leads by doing? Find out how far your talent and drive will take you here. If you live to incite change, thrive in agile environments, and evangelize the value and power of human-centered design, we’ve got a seat waiting for you.
As an Experience Designer at Capital One, your role will involve:
- Building empathy for the people you’re designing for through participation in human-centered research
- Advocating for and being the voice of the customer in our design and development process
- Collaborating with business analysts, product managers, and other designers on research, strategy, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Presenting research findings and designing concepts with various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Utilizing Lean and Agile methodologies to deliver useful and usable product experiences
- Exercising our values of humanity, simplicity, and ingenuity throughout your work
- Translating user needs, style guides, technology, and business requirements into elegant design solutions
- Leveraging analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
Embrace your creativity and help us in our mission to make banking an authentic digital experience for all. Apply for a role
within our new Design Development Program today.
Looking for an Internship?
Not graduating yet? You can still gain valuable experience as an intern! Learn more and apply here.
Find your school and apply>